- Romans 10:9-10, NLT: Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
- James 4:8, NLT: I will draw near to God today…and He will draw near to me!
- 1 John 4:12, NLT: I love others and God dwells in me! His love is perfected—made complete—in me.
- 1 Corinthians 13:5, NLT: I do not insist on my own rights or my own way. I am not self-seeking. I am not touchy, fretful or resentful. I take no account of evil done to me or pay attention to any suffered wrong. I choose to live a life of forgiveness—a life of BLESSING!
- Ephesians 4:29, NLT: I let no unwholesome talk come out of my mouth—but only that which is helpful for building others up, that it may minister grace to the hearers.