Are you struggling with keeping your peace when it comes to your children? Or do you find yourself constantly fighting thoughts of fear concerning their spiritual, mental, emotional, physical and social well-being? If so, here are 10 scriptures and confessions that will bring you peace and help you remember just how loved you and they are by your heavenly Father.
- “God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” –2 Timothy 1:7, KJV
Confession: Father, I thank You that You have not given me nor my children a spirit of fear. Instead, by the blood of Jesus, we have a spirit of power, love and a sound mind.
- “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” –Philippians 4:8
Confession: Father, I commit to focus on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable about my children. I won’t dwell on anything but that which is excellent and worthy of praise where they are concerned.
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” –Philippians 4:6
Confession: God, I trust You and I thank You for all you have done in my children’s lives. I refuse to worry about my kids. Instead, I will pray and believe You will take care of them.
- “What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” –Romans 8:31
Confession: Father, I thank You that, according to Your Word, You are for, not against, my children.
- “The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.” –Lamentations 3:22-23
Confession: Thank You, Lord, that Your love for my children never ends. Your mercies for them never cease. I know and trust that You are continually faithful to them.
- “We are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” –Ephesian 2:10
Confession: Heavenly Father, thank You that my children are Your masterpieces. They are Your children and I believe You have good things planned for them.
- “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.” –Psalm 91:1-4
Confession: Thank You, Lord, that my children rest in Your shadow. You are their refuge and place of safety. I trust You will rescue them from every trap and protect them spirit, mind and body. I believe this because You are faithful to Your promises.
- “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.” –2 Peter 3:9
Confession: Lord, I thank You that are faithful to Your promises concerning my children. I trust that You are drawing them to You.
- “I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” –Jeremiah 29:11
Confession: Thank You, God, that You have good plans for my children, plans that give them a future and hope. I praise You for all You do in their lives.
- “I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” –Philippians 1:6
Confession: Father, I praise You for the work You are doing in my children’s lives. I trust that You will continue that work until You complete all You desire to do in their lives.
Begin standing in faith on these scriptures and proclaiming these confessions over your children. Trust God to keep His Word concerning your children, and thank Him for all He is doing in their lives!