Question of the Day
When Kenneth and Gloria started their journey of faith they had questions too—lots of them! So, we've compiled the most frequently asked questions by people like you—people who earnestly desire to find God's answers to the practical, real-life challenges of everyday living. We have a new question every day, so check back often!
Q: How do I make withdrawals from my heavenly account?Add to Favorites
Here are Brother Copeland’s steps to withdrawing from your heavenly account based on Paul’s teaching in Philippians 4:15-17.
Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
When we tithe and honor God with the first fruits of our income, God in turn opens an account and honors us with His fruit. Here are the steps:
- Don’t trust in uncertain earthly riches.
- Be willing to communicate, i.e., to give and receive in order to give again.
- Don’t wait until you get to heaven to withdraw from your account.
- Know how much is in your account…not to prove to God you give, but for your own information.
- Write down the amount you’re withdrawing, just like you would with a bank account.
- Don’t let the devil talk you out of it.
- Praise…Praise…Praise! Thank the Lord for your withdrawal to provide what you need and desire.
Remember, when you give to good works, you are making deposits and you are due withdrawals from your heavenly account!