Stagnant or flowing?
Which type of water source would you want to drink from? While stagnant water invites bacteria and disease-carrying larvae, flowing water is a pure, continual source of life-giving refreshment.
The same is true of faith. Stagnant faith stinks! And it doesn’t bring life. Faith in constant motion brings life and a continual flow of answered prayer. But let’s be real. It takes work!
Here, we’re offering 3 Tips to Keep Your Faith in Constant Motion, so victories will keep flowing!
- Be Continual in Your Feedings. Living beings who eat now and then will still be alive, but they won’t be in very good health. They’ll be malnourished, weak, and—as a result—lacking in happiness and vibrance. The same is true of faith. You can keep it alive, but it won’t be thriving, growing or yielding a victorious life if it isn’t fed continually.
So, be continual in your feedings on the Word of God. Read your Bible, pray, listen to teachings (download the VICTORY app!), and attend conferences or Bible studies. Do something EVERY DAY to feed your faith to some degree. There should be few exceptions. It will keep your faith flowing—bringing you life and VICTORY all the time!
- Don’t Allow Yourself to Be Worn Down by Spiritual Attacks. The devil wants to wear you down. That’s why you’ll often see one thing after another hurled at you from every area. A layoff followed by strife in the home, and then an illness. It can get ridiculous! However, you don’t have to allow yourself to be worn down by spiritual attacks. In fact, you can choose to ramp up the fight!
Between you and the devil, someone is going to give up and stop fighting. Just be sure that someone isn’t you! To keep from being worn down by spiritual attacks, make a decision that you will NEVER stop fighting the good fight of faith. You will NEVER stop reading the Word, believing the Word and speaking the Word.
- Apply Faith to EVERY Situation. When you make faith a regular part of your everyday life, it will stay in constant motion. Talk to and about God all the time. Start the day reminiscing about the miracles He’s done in your life. Ask Him for help throughout the day with anything and everything. Here are some other ideas:
- Sprinkle declarations over yourself and your life throughout each day by confessing the Word of God.
- When you get in the car to drive somewhere, plead the blood of Jesus over yourself and your vehicle.
- When you’re at the grocery store, thank God for the means to buy the food, thank Him for favor, and declare that your cart will supernaturally yield more food for less money than it would in the natural.
- Pray over your meals.
- When a challenge—even a small one—comes your way, talk to God in the moment, and ask for His intervention. Don’t always wait for a crisis!
These are just three tips to keep your faith in constant motion, but you could think of a lot more! Faith is a LIFESTYLE. When you practice making it part of your daily life, it will begin to flow in your life continually without even much effort. Our goal for you: Constant Faith. Constant Victory.
Watch Gloria Copeland and Pastor George Pearsons talk about the power of having persistent faith.