How to Take Communion Over the Coronavirus
Sitting at home, following government guidelines for quarantine, has left many feeling helpless during these challenging times. The coronavirus has been elevated in the media and throughout the world, yet we must remind ourselves that the Name of Jesus is higher than any other name. The Name of Jesus is higher than the name of coronavirus!
You can take authority over the coronavirus (COVID-19) and any other sickness or disease by applying the blood of Jesus to your life. Remember—the coronavirus is a curse, and you have been redeemed from the curse (Galatians 3:13)!
In a recent broadcast, Kenneth Copeland led the taking of Communion over the coronavirus. You can do the same at home today.
Here are seven tips for taking Communion over the coronavirus:
- Purchase a Communion set for your own personal use. (You can find these online.) There are even individual, prefilled cup and wafer sets with a long shelf life available for easy use or transport.
- You can take Communion alone, or with a family member or friend.
- You can take Communion every day. Taking Communion is appropriating the blood of Jesus over your life, thanking Him for ALL He has done. It isn’t a religious ceremony, so you don’t have to wait for a minister to serve it to you.
- Examine yourself before you take Communion. Before we partake, the Bible tells us to examine our hearts (1 Corinthians 11:28-29). Ask God for forgiveness in areas where you’ve missed the mark (strife, unforgiveness, jealousy, envy, hatred, covetousness, fear, worry, unbelief, etc.). Also, be sure you are not receiving Communion just as a religious exercise, rather than accepting everything Jesus’ sacrifice provided. Don’t receive it halfway; that will keep you from receiving everything provided by Jesus’ sacrifice (1 Corinthians 11:30).
- Partake of the bread, which symbolizes the physical and spiritual torment Jesus bore to redeem us from all areas of the curse. With this in mind, say:
Lord, it’s not right that I suffer from sickness or disease or even fear of a plague like the coronavirus. I judge it now as being from Satan, and I reject it. I refuse to receive it. I partake of the sacrifice of Your Son’s body, and I receive the abundant life that You have provided, in Jesus’ Name.
- Partake of the cup and make this confession:
Father, I give You thanks for all You have provided for me through the new covenant in Christ Jesus. I partake of those promises now! Because of the blood of Jesus, I am healed. I am redeemed. I am the head and not the tail. I am above and not beneath. I take the protection from the coronavirus You sacrificed to give me, and I thank You and praise You for it, in Jesus’ Name.
- Be settled on the matter. Once you have taken Communion, settle your protection and healing in your heart according to God’s Word. Don’t just hope it is done—know it.
The power of the blood of Jesus broke the curse of COVID-19 more than 2,000 years ago! The coronavirus has no chance against the blood of Jesus when you release the power with your FAITH. You can be protected and delivered through properly receiving the Lord’s Supper. Through Him, you have the victory over the coronavirus!
Watch Kenneth Copeland lead people in Communion over the coronavirus.