Some decisions seem to direct the course of our lives more than others. As believers, we desire to choose the right path—God’s path—with every decision we make.
But sometimes the right decision does not seem so obvious, leaving us two choices: fear of making a wrong decision or faith in God to guide us in to make the right one.
You never have to be afraid of making the wrong decision. Fear will always lead to the wrong choice, but faith and obedience to God will always end up right because He is a God of mercy and restoration, and His plan is for you to have a good and expected end.
If you’re facing some choices today, and you aren’t sure which road is the right one to take, here are 10 scriptures for when you need to make a decision that will give you confidence that God will speak to you. If you’re tuned in to Him, you will make the right decision. (All scriptures are taken from the NIV.)
1. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (Jeremiah 29:11)
2. “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” (Psalm 32:8)
3. “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” (Psalm 119:105)
4. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
5. “For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers.” (Proverbs 11:14)
Find out how to know the answer to any situation HERE.
6. “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.” (Proverbs 15:22)
7. “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)
8. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)
9. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
10. “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” (James 1:5)
God wants to give you guidance! He desires that you walk with Him to get the light you need for each step you take in life. He is not the author of confusion. Step forward in confidence with Him!
Watch Kenneth Copeland teach you how to activate your ability to hear God.