Here are four confessions and 10 Bible verses from the New Living Translation to stand on for your finances in the new year.
“My father taught me, ‘Take my words to heart. Follow my commands, and you will live. Get wisdom; develop good judgment. Don’t forget my words or turn away from them’” (Proverbs 4:4-5).
This is an important time of year. It’s a time to look toward the future and plan for the coming year. That makes it a great time to stand in faith for your finances, to declare that this year will be different from the past. Here are four confessions and 10 Bible verses to stand on for your finances in the new year. Read them, memorize them, confess them, meditate on them and ask the Holy Spirit to illuminate their meanings in your life so that this coming year truly can be better than the past.
Lord, by Your grace, I am a trustworthy person. I know that You generously supply everything I need.
1. Luke 16:11: “If you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven?”
2. Philippians 4:19: “This same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”
3. 2 Corinthians 9:8: “God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.”
Father, I commit to be wise with my finances and to owe no one anything but to love them.
4. Proverbs 21:20: “The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get.”
5. Romans 13:8: “Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.”
6. Proverbs 22:7: “Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.”
I will give and honor You, Lord, with all that I have. I will tithe and give offerings as You lead me to give.
7. Luke 6:38: “Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”
8. Proverbs 3:9-10: “Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.”
9. Malachi 3:8-10: “‘Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! But you ask,’ “What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?” ‘You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,’ says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, ‘I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!’”
Heavenly Father, I trust You with all I have this year and every year because I know that You are the reason for every blessing in my life.
10. Jeremiah 17:7-8: “Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.”