Spiritual Growth: Learn
The 10-Day Honor Challenge
There is great power in honor. Did you know that? God has prepared great rewards for those who obey Him and honor those He has commanded us to honor. If you’ve felt like your life has become stagnant in any area or that you know you could reach higher in your faith—how you honor God and others is a great place to examine. Something so impactful, yet so simple, is worth working toward!
Are you ready to take the 10-Day Honor Challenge? Here’s what to do: Beginning on a Monday, if possible, and for the next 10 days, rotate through each of these 10 people God says you should honor. Be intentional about taking action to show these people honor and keeping yourself from dishonorable behavior. Take the 10-Day Honor Challenge, and learn to live in line with God’s will—your life will forever be changed!
Day 1: Honor God
- While we will rotate through the others, we will focus on honoring God for the full 10 days.
- Spend time with Him morning and night for these 10 days.
- Take Communion at home.
- Focus on worshipping and praising Him.
- Set out to walk in love toward others.
- Speak only the Word over your life and the lives of others.
Day 2: Honor Your Parents
- During your time with the Lord today, spend time letting Him uncover any areas of unforgiveness you have in your heart toward your parents. Then, make a decision to forgive them for anything and everything—no matter how far back you have to go.
- Pray for them. Pray that they will be blessed, healed and delivered; and that there will be a powerful move of God in their lives.
- Call your parents or send them a gift if you feel led to do so.
- Speak to them and about them with the greatest respect.
Day 3: Honor Your Spouse
- Husbands: Today, you will focus on speaking lovingly to your wife, opening doors for her, listening when she talks, and encouraging her in everything she does. Buy her a gift if you feel led.
- Wives: Today, you will focus on speaking with the highest respect to your husband and aim to be a support to him; cook his favorite meal or join him in one of his favorite recreational activities (golfing, fishing, hunting).
Day 4: Honor Those Who are Older
- Today, invite an older neighbor or church member to your home for lunch.
- Stop and have a conversation with an older person as you go about your day.
- Have patience on the road and in public places. Smile and be a blessing!
- Ask for an older person’s advice. (Be sincere!)
Day 5: Honor Church Leaders
- Today, be on time for church, turn off your phone, and really listen to the message.
- Offer a word of encouragement to your pastor, and refuse to participate in any conversation that is critical of him.
- Refuse to post negative comments on any social media platform about any pastor or minister of the gospel. They may not be perfect, but they are God’s anointed leaders!
Day 6: Honor Your Boss
- Today, focus on the way you treat your boss. Respond to every request with enthusiasm and respect.
- Refuse to speak against your boss to your co-workers.
- Offer a compliment or encouragement. (He or she likely needs it!)
Day 7: Honor Government Officials
Spend some time today praying for the mayor of your town, your local leaders, your legislators, the governor and the president of the United States. Intercede with fervency for righteousness in our nation, wisdom for leaders, and anointing and blessing for each of them.
Refuse to participate in negative conversations about any leader and don’t post negative remarks on social media!
Day 8: Honor Police & Military
- Today, be on the lookout for any police officers or members of the military whom you can bless. If you see them in a restaurant, pay for their meal or deliver breakfast to a local police station if you feel led to bless them in that way.
- Smile at them.
- Thank them for their service.
Day 9: Honor Your Children
- If your children are grown, look for a way to bless them today. Keep from giving unsolicited advice or criticism, and focus on offering words of encouragement.
- Pray for them.
- If you are still raising your children, take the day off or arrange to spend quality time with them today. Take them out for their favorite meal or treat, or enjoy their favorite activity with them.
- Spend one-on-one time just listening.
- Tell them you love them. Tell them you believe in them.
Day 10: Honor Everyone Else
- Today, we are going to honor everyone else, just as the Word of God tells us to do. That means you are to treat everyone you come in contact with, even those you don’t know, with honor and respect.
- Speak kindly, be patient, smile or offer a compliment. (It may be the only one they receive today!)
- Let others go first.
- Don’t tailgate!
- Offer help if the opportunity presents itself.
Congratulations! You completed the 10-Day Honor Challenge! Ten days of living in God-ordained and God-pleasing honor. How did you do? Has anything changed in your life? Now that you have learned the blessing of honoring God by honoring others, aim to make this a way of life! You can choose to take this challenge a second or third time to renew your mind and make living a life of honor one that will give glory to God!
Watch Kenneth Copeland as he teaches you how to renew your mind to the love of God to become a giver of His love!