How to Take a Stand Against Worry
Is fear contaminating your faith? Ask yourself these questions: Do you worry about the safety of your children each time they walk out the door? Do you find yourself pacing if your spouse is 15 minutes late for dinner? Do you get stressed every time newscasters are proclaiming doom and gloom for the economic markets? Do you fear each time a storm comes through your state? If so, then it’s time for you to take a stand against worry. Here are 10 scriptures to help you stand strong against worry and fear.
- 1 John 4:18: Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.
- 1 Peter 5:7: Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
- Philippians 4:6-7: Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Matthew 6:25-34: That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear… These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need…
- John 14:27: I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
- Romans 8:28: And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
- Psalm 37:3: Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
- Philippians 4:19: And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
- Luke 1:74-75: We have been rescued from our enemies so we can serve God without fear, in holiness and righteousness for as long as we live.
- Psalm 103:1-5: Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
If you have allowed worry to creep into your life, then take a stand against it. Read these scriptures. Print them out and post them where you can see them every day, throughout your day. Don’t let fear rob you of your faith in God and His WORD; take a stand against it and live in confidence and godly strength!