If you’re looking for a home church where you can be rooted and planted according to Psalm 92:13, you probably already know that church shopping can be quite a process. As you prayerfully consider where to plant your family, be sure to seek the leading of the Holy Spirit. Only He knows where He intends for you to be planted. In the meantime, the following are good guidelines to use in choosing a good church.
The right church will:
1. Preach the whole Word of God. Including healing, deliverance, abundance and victory.
2. Talk about money. There are more than 2,000 scriptures in the Bible about money. If a church doesn’t teach you how to handle money God’s way, it’s avoiding teaching the full Word of God and keeping you from walking into God’s system of wealth.
3. Speak against abortion and stand firm for traditional marriage. A church that avoids standing firm on biblical issues facing our nation is a people-pleasing church, rather than a God-pleasing church.
4. Sow into the community. If everything stays within the four walls of church, that church is not in the will of God. You’ll find evidence of a church sowing into the community through serving the hungry, homeless, orphans and widows; and in other ways.
5. Have fruit. Humility in leadership, order among church staff and during services, and an obvious spirit of love among the people are all fruit that will be present in the right church.
6. Welcome you and provide opportunities to connect.
7. Foster relationships between members.
8. Provide opportunities to serve.
9. Cause you to grow. (Read: You won’t be the same this time next year.).
10. Feel right in your spirit.
And, keep in mind, though the right church will bless you, your main purpose should always be to bless the church.