There is a place in Christ Jesus where we abide in the secret place of God’s protection. The world knows nothing about this secret place, nor can they live there…. It is a place revealed by the Holy Spirit. It is for the obedient. Our life is hid with Christ in God.
That was a word from the Lord revealed to Gloria Copeland years ago, and it still holds true today. God is a covenant-keeping God, and He has made a covenant of protection with YOU. A covenant is defined as “an unbreakable agreement between two parties that have joined together as one to support, provide, protect and defend each other.” Psalm 105:8 (KJV) says, “He hath remembered His covenant for ever, the word which He commanded to a thousand generations.”
If you’ve ever had any doubts about His desire to keep you safe, let these 14 Scriptures About Your Covenant of Protection build your faith.
Our Covenant of Protection (Old Testament)
1. Psalm 91:1 (KJV): “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”
2. Psalm 125:2 (NLT-96): “Just as the mountains surround and protect Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds and protects his people, both now and forever.”
3. Proverbs 1:33 (NIV): “But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”
4. Proverbs 12:21 (NLT): “No harm comes to the godly, but the wicked have their fill of trouble.”
5. Proverbs 18:10 (AMPC): “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the [consistently] righteous man [upright and in right standing with God] runs into it and is safe, high [above evil] and strong.”
6. Isaiah 54:17 (AMPC): “No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord.”
Our Covenant of Protection (New Testament)
7. Matthew 6:13 (KJV): “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
8. John 10:27-29 (KJV): “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”
9. John 17:15-18 (KJV): “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.”
10. Philippians 1:28 (AMPC): “And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God.”
11. Galatians 1:3-5 (KJV): “Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
12. James 4:7 (KJV): “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
13. 2 Peter 1:2-4 (KJV): “Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
14. 1 John 5:18 (KJV): “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.”
We hope these scriptures have renewed your mind to the fact that God has promised to protect you! God is always trying to get protection to you. He’s trying to help you stay in a safe place, so you can get your job done before Jesus comes. So stand on your covenant of protection. Be quick to hear and quick to repent. Your obedience will keep you in that secret place mentioned in Psalm 91…safe under God’s wing!