A Prayer of Agreement for Debt Freedom
If you’re reading this, you know one thing is true: Debt is a burden. It may bring us the things we need or want more quickly, but the chains can be heavy and the road to freedom often long.
That’s why God’s will for you is to have everything you need—DEBT FREE. How do we know? He tells us His will is for us to be “the head, and not the tail” (Deuteronomy 28:13), “to owe no man any thing but to love” (Romans 13:8), and that we “lend to many…but…not borrow” (Deuteronomy 28:12). He wants us to have the upper hand in life, and not for others to decide the terms of our prosperity.
Even if you are already in debt, there is a way out—God’s Word. Kenneth Copeland says, “Once you make a decision to become debt free, God sees you debt free.” That’s powerful!
How do you get there?
Begin by coming into agreement according to the Word of God. Matthew 18:19 says, “If any two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven” (AMPC).
Agreement is a covenant term. A covenant agreement based on the Word and led by the Holy Spirit, places Jesus right in the midst to bring that agreement to pass. Coming into agreement is one of the most powerful tools God has given us as believers. Believers agreeing together in the Holy Spirit are a powerful, unstoppable force.
A Biblical agreement is based on the Word of God. Some people think that as long as you just have more than one person in a room praying, you have agreement. But that’s not true agreement. If you want to get into true Biblical agreement with someone or even a group of people, all parties must be standing on the Word of the living God.
You can be done with debt for good and live a stress-free, debt-free life. Start today by using these steps to write and execute a prayer of agreement for debt freedom.
Step 1. Write Your Prayer of Agreement
- List all debts that you presently owe and all bills that need to be paid. Be specific about what you are believing for. Philippians 4:6 says, “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God” (AMPC).
- Locate at least three scriptures to stand on concerning your debt freedom and include them in your agreement. These could include:
- Proverbs 22:7: “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender” (NIV).
- Romans 13:8: “Owe no man any thing, but to love one another” (KJV).The Amplified Bible, Classic Edition, says, “Keep out of debt and owe no man anything, except to love one another.”
- Deuteronomy 28:12: “The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow” (NKJV).
- Claim your spiritual authority. Write down a declaration that you are binding Satan concerning your finances and releasing angels to go out and minister on your behalf.
- Release your faith. Within your agreement, write:“We release our faith, believing for our total debt freedom now! We speak to the mountain of debt and command it to be removed. We call those things which be not as though they were (Romans 4:17, KJV).Whatever things we desire, we believe that we receive them (Mark 11:22-25, NKJV).Jesus, the High Priest of our confession, will bring it to pass (Hebrews 3:1, NKJV).”
- Note that you will continually praise God for your debt freedom. Praise keeps the door of abundance wide open.
- Sign and date the agreement. All those who are standing in agreement should sign and date the document.
Step 2. Formally Present Your Agreement to Your Heavenly Father
- This acknowledges that He is the Source of all supply.
- Lay hands on the list and pray according to Romans 13:8.
- Take Communion over the agreement.
Step 3. Roll the Care Over Onto the Lord
- Be sure to turn it completely over to Him. Don’t carry the care or burden any longer. If you lose sleep over your debt or try to figure it out yourself, you’re not casting your care on Him.
Step 4. Keep It Before You and Refer to It Often
- You can agree over your debt freedom and give God praise for it over every meal. This will keep your faith alive and activated.
- Continually offer thanksgiving and praise to God for the answer. There’s power in praise!
Print a sample prayer of agreement below.
Once you’ve completed these steps, it is important to stay on the same page with those with whom you’ve come into agreement: to stay in agreement. Stand strong and firm, continue to praise God for your debt freedom—you will see results.
When you use these steps to write and execute a prayer of agreement for debt freedom, you are on your way to seeing a manifestation! Don’t give up. Don’t give in. See yourself debt free, as God sees you. Then, before you know it, you will be living in prosperity—debt free!