When Kenneth and Gloria started their journey of faith they had questions too—lots of them! So, we've compiled the most frequently asked questions by people like you—people who earnestly desire to find God's answers to the practical, real-life challenges of everyday living. We have a new question every day, so check back often!
Q: How do I stand in faith for answered prayer?
The challenge in standing in faith for an answer to our prayer is keeping our focus on what God has said instead of what we perceive with our five physical senses. God is love! He is faithful—to His people, and to His Word. He does hear. And He is answering our prayers.
What we must determine even before we pray is that any physical evidence contrary to what we pray will not sway us into doubt and unbelief. Here are some practical guidelines to help you in your determined walk of faith when it comes to your prayers and how to wait in faith for them to be answered.
1. Pray the answer—God’s Word. Prayer that brings results must be based on God’s Word. We should start with the answers to our prayers—the Word. Jesus said, “But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!” (John 15:7). The Bible contains over 7,000 promises—promises which include wealth and wisdom, health and success. Finding the specific promises that apply to your situation is well worth the effort. (See 1 John 3:22, 5:14-15; John 15:7; Romans 12:2.)
2. Apply faith. Start your confession of faith before you see the answers to your prayers appear. Believe you receive when you pray. Hold fast to your confession by acting as though it were already done. (See James 2:14-24, 3:11-17; Romans 3:4; Hebrews 4:11-16.)
3. Refuse doubt and fear. Refuse to allow doubt and fear to become a part of the process. Satan will tell you that your answers are not coming. But take those whispers of doubt captive. You have the right and power to demolish every argument that comes against the knowledge of God’s Word. So control your mind with the Word and dwell on the answer instead of the problem. (See 2 Corinthians 10:5.)
4. See yourself successful. See yourself through the Word—as a success, not a failure. (See Proverbs 4:20-24; Matthew 6:22-23, 13:15-16; Romans 13:14.)
5. Testify. Tell others what you believe. Tell others about the Word. Jesus has done so much for you…tell others about it! (See Revelation 12:11)
6. Operate in God’s love. Faith works when we operate in the love of God. Get involved in helping someone. As you follow the message of God’s love, His love will flow from you to others. (See Galatians 5:6; 1 John 4:12.)
7. Be a giver. If you need healing, give the message of healing to someone else. If you need money, give money. It’s God’s law—you will reap what you sow. The way you measure out is the way it will be measured back to you. (See Luke 6:38; James 5:16; Mark 4:14-29; Acts 20:35.)
Follow these steps and stand in faith for your answered prayer today!